Rain Gods have once again allowed me to take a better capture of the water splash. This time around I got ample time to experiment, get a better focus and get the more important light factor correct. Also, it was the first time I used a higher ISO. The ISO was set to 200. I used the shutter priority mode and had set shutter speed to 1/200. Although it was raining, the lights seemed to be decent enough to not get a very dark picture. Of course I had to enhance the light a bit using Photoshop. However, I loved the overall result. The only doubt I have is about the grains. My computer's monitor I believe doesn't catch the grains that often appear in the picture due to a higher ISO setting. If you notice the grains, do let me know. I must say, the rains in Mumbai have never been so much fun before.
I would love and really appreciate if you could share your experiences about picturing a water splash.


Hi Kcalpesh! Great shots! On the right time...
ReplyDeleteBlogtrotter Two is showing some incredible rocks by the sea... Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Great rain shots once again! We had some crazy storms and rain here today too!
ReplyDeletenice ones!
ReplyDeleteSafari says you have a script problem - better check it out!
ReplyDeleteoverall is one word :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat shot. Beautiful Nature.
ReplyDeleteLuiz Ramos
Good stop action on those.
ReplyDeleteloved them...now this is PHOTOGRAPHY!...much to learn from you
ReplyDeleteWOWWWW!!! loved these...
ReplyDeletenot exactly a splash.. and I'm not even a photographer.. but check mine out too..
Wonderful pics - Rain is always fun!
ReplyDeleteThe last time I was picturing a water splash was at Wilson Dam and oh boy! that was a big splash! :P
ReplyDeletelovely captures!
ReplyDeletei only say this because you asked, i can see some moderate but bearable noise near the bokeh areas on my HD screen.
ReplyDeletei always start at around 1/300 with my splash shots, see my
splash here.
Splish, splash. You did good, Kcalpesh! And I enjoy reading about your various camera settings.
ReplyDeleteThe last one looks like a wedding crown :)
ReplyDeleteIt is fun capturing the water splashing :) and to use different shutter speeds
Awesome capture Kcalpesh:)
ReplyDeletebeautiful indeed! love it!
ReplyDeleteme and my blogs are following you now!
Euro Travel
Explore Germany
Discover USA
Euroangel Graffiti
awesome shots!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog!
Marvelous captures as always, Kcalpesh! Enjoy your weekend and have a lovely evening! Thanks for participating in Sky Watch!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
These are awesome too! Isn't it nice that "we" photographers can amuse ourselves on rainy days! No complaining here...great shots!
ReplyDeleteVery, very cool!
ReplyDeleteWow...I'm amazed!
ReplyDeleteonly a curious photographer can take these shots..congrats
ReplyDeleteFabulous photos
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots. Love the splash of water.
ReplyDeleteVery nicely caught, especially that first one!
ReplyDelete-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
Thanks for the tutoring lesson. The results are fantastic.
ReplyDeleteA long back I did some experiment with water droplets. See my blog post here:
ReplyDeletehttp://kapilb.com/blog/2008/03/09/photography-assignment-water-droplets/
Outstanding perspective on these shots! I love them!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing pictures. They feel fresh!
ReplyDeleteNow thats a wonderful splash captured... I like it... Did you throw a stone in water for it to splash like that or its a natural shot... This is a nice photo
ReplyDeleteBhuvan
Terragen Daily Photo
Beautiful capture of water splash. Love the color of the background, too.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful weekend.