Rains in Mumbai

It's been raining like crazy since past one week. Its only now as I'm typing this post, that I can see a clear blue sky. The white clouds are moving quickly and I feel it should rain again by the evening. Yesterday the opposition political parties had called for a nationwide "Bandh (closed)". This step was taken as a protest against the price hike for petro-products. This meant that nobody across India, worked. Schools, Colleges, Banks, Public Transport etc remain closed. We stayed at home and it rained whole day. I'd just bought new batteries for my Canon A710 IS Digital Camera and managed to capture these rain photos and water droplets from our window.
The water falling from the roof created these splashes. With very low light and limited manual functions of my camera I manged to capture this with a shutter speed of 1/1500 on my third attempt. Of course I had to brighten up the shot a bit using Photoshop. The original result was a bit too dark.
Some more small streams of water breaking into droplets and falling down to create the splash which you just saw above. 7UJ96VYKP6DV

50  comments :

  1. we are blessed with rains, too here in this part of the Philippines. I love gentle rains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful... detailing is awesome. I specially loved the middle pic where i wanted to reach out and catch the droplets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had days of rain in Melbourne, Victoria too! That is, until the last two days of sunshine! But now more rain is predicted! Great water shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rains in Mumbai are extra ordinary and if you have lived in mumbai for long you would know! Even though they bring respite from the heat, rains have their own set of problems but it rather rain than not! Nice pictures buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing captures! We're going to be needing some rain here in a bit I think, they're announcing very dry for the next little while and it's very hot! Well, for Canada, at least lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent captures. Water is a great subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved your different perspective of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kcalpesh! Sorry I've not been by lately--just too much to do!

    Lovely photos...you did well.

    We've had rainy afternoons here which we really appreciate as the clouds and rain cool down our overheated mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is awesome stuff! :)esp the 1st pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool water shots - great job! It won't rain again here until at least October.

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so impressed with your photographs, they are incredible! I am not very good at capturing anything like this but hope to learn one day :) Have a great weekend.
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photo loved the splash.. good work.. keep it up

    Terragen Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such terrific captures, Kcalpesh! I love the splash, too, well actually I love them all as always! Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like the whole country has stopped, I hope it all starts up again shortly. Nice fast shutter on the water droplets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderfull what you do with the rain!
    Great photos!
    Gr.
    P-TER

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots. Great timing on each of the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your raindrops. I'm sure monsoon can't be much fun after a while but the photo opportunities are wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful capture of raindrops! rainy days brings a lot of photographic opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is it the monsoon season already? I have to try visit India when it's the monsoon season. Really curious about that.

    Saw a Bollywood movie about monsoon wedding, cant remember the title of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi!
    So sorry to hear of the "Bandh (closed)". I hope the rains have ended and that you send a few drops here... It's very, very hot and unyielding...
    Hoping for the rain and relief they are predicting for Saturday!
    Your water photos are wonderful to behold today!
    ~thank you also for your visit!
    *Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. woah! you captured it, man! lovely shots! thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are fantastic water captures, well done. We've finally had some rain in the last week after a month with almost none.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are exquisite. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great captures..love rain drops.
    Here in the mountains of Western NC we are once again in total drought as it has been for the last 8 summers...what I would give for some of your rain.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a big splatter of the rainfall! Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Finally!!! I found your blog and understod it :-) blond norwregian you know :-) he he

    Wather!!! just love it, a fasinating thing and the LIFE you know, without we would be nothing...

    Now i drink my morning coffe and see all your pictures man!! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful shots, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. interesting shots.love them
    congrats
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/07/looking-the-sky

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like you had a productive strike day.
    It's always fascinating to see falling water frozen in time. Have fun with it! These photos are "magical"!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Impressive shots!! send some rain this way, pls...
    Yes, I have been watching the world cup and will be glued to the tv set on sunday, go spain !


    Skywatch

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely LOVE the rains in Mumbai...esp when ur getting a day off (even if it was due to the nationwide strike called by opposition parties)....lovely to have hot bhujiyas while sipping hot chai in the rains....BLISS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great pictures. Glad to see it's raining some places. It's been very dry in the central highlands of Vietnam and when I visited Nepal this year, there was not a drop to be seen. So I like the scenes of your drops.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing capture of raindrops! How deceptively gentle unlike the downpour outside my window!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful captures! And with a Canon A710 IS Digital Camera. That's impressive - you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  35. amazing shots..you bring the monsoons alive in these pics

    ReplyDelete
  36. While we have not had any rain for well over a week, but sweltering heat, today it is raining all day! I guess it was needed to break up the heat a bit and nourish the soil.

    Beautiful water droplet captures!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful captures.Looking at rain like that one can see how the enlightened could walk between the drops and stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those droplets are splendid captures. You must be graced with much patience!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How I long for rain ... ! Please have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  40. love how you captured those raindrops! beautiful :)

    leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos