End of the world: Mandrem Beach Goa

When we visited the Mandrem Beach at Goa we had our evening snacks at this beach shack named "End of the world". Couldn't really figure out why it was named so but, it seemed to be very popular among the foreign tourists who seemed to be on very friendly terms with the owners of this beach shack. The food was nice. We had a North Indian Snack called "Aloo Paratha" with Poi (Goan Bread) and Butter. It was sure very yummy. Anyone going to Goa, I'd surely recommend this place. Awesome Beach, Awesome Food! It's fun to be at Mandrem.
Evening at Mandrem was spectacular. I had earlier posted a photo of the Sunset at Mandrem.The wet sand had an almost crystal clear reflection of the sky on it. More REFLECTION Photos

94  comments :

  1. Glad you featured this here. Next time I want to go to the End of the World I know exactly where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH! that second shot is awesome! Love the sky, colors and cloud reflection. Incredibly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun name for a beach shack but delicious views, the colours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. I love the one with the water and the reflection of the trees. Its beautiful. Such great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. I love the one with the water and the reflection from the trees. Its awsome. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and I wanna be there in the last one. So peacefull and a the reflection is great!!
    Have a nice evening:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a really cool place to stop and relax awhile. :) Love the sunset in the second shot... truly breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking place, End of the local world perhaps!
    I would stop there and take in the view,have a beverage .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful reflections of the sky in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tres bon la 1ere photo, c'est donc la que le monde se finit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love the cloud pictures--did you notice the profile there? This photo fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful reflections!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After the end of the world a wonderful place like paradise???
    :-)
    Beautiful sunset, magnificent photography!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The second photo is very beautiful...my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the name of this place. And the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The name is not surprising at all. In Griffith Park Observatory, the cafe shop is called Cafe at the End of the Universe.

    Postcard perfect shot! Nice reflections too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love beach shacks! And, this one looks quite interesting and would certainly catch my attention...and, what a reflection you captured in the second photo! Fabulous color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If that is what the "end of the world" looks like, sign me up. I thought it was going to be all fire, brimstone, rapture and knarly stuff. Aloo Paratha heralding the end times - bring it on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks wonderful. I'm ready for some time on a nice beach, and that looks as nice as it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "End of the World" that's interesting... second shot is awesome buddy

    There are a few updates on my blog, stop by when you get a chaance, would love to get your views on the photo's

    Have nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That name really can capture tourist attention. What makes it the end of the world we don't know but I have to guess ,maybe they have some good wine there.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the reflections. Love the colors! happy skywatch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow!!! the reflection photo is so amazingly beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wonderful reflections...you are so good with this!
    end of the world?...great name!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The description of the food was almost as good as the reflection you captured. Both shots are great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful sky with the reflection on the water..reflections i really like and try to capture it when ever i can.

    Thanx for visiting my place and have a great day.

    /Magnus

    ReplyDelete
  27. An amazing shot!!! have a nice weekend.
    Ps thanks for the possitive comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well me being a non-vegetarian had grilled prawns sandwich made using the local bread poi....was yummier than the aloo paratha :-p

    @ Mandrem u feel like time has stood still....it's so peaceful and tranquil....may thts why they've named it End of the World :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dramatic shots well captured, thanks for sharing!....:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That looks like a wonderful beach. Interesting name, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The reflection of the sky is gorgeous. Fantastic shot!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good to know of another beach and another little beach shack to visit :D.... Love the second pic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The sky picture is just beautiful. Perfect. But I also had to smile at the beach shack "End of the World". The person who thought of that is a pretty good entrepeneur! No tourist could resist a picture of that to send home. And then why not stop for some of the merchandise. Pretty clever.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful spot. The first one looks like a perfect day to be at the beach with the blue sky. The sunset in the second one is spectacular. Amazing reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a beautiful beach.
    Great skies and reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  36. IF that's the end of the world, then count me in. Breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great reflections at the "end of the world"

    ReplyDelete
  38. A rather incredible place by any measure. Love the old beach shack...sometimes places like this have the best food. I can see why you had such a good time on the beach and the sunset must have been a wonderful plus!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the colours in the sky and the reflections on the water. Such a serene shot. Well captured !!

    If I ever make it to Goa, I'll keep that little eating shack in mind :-)

    http://kiwibyrds.blogspot.com/2010/04/promise-of-whats-to-come.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fantastic reflective shot! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  41. If the End of the World looks that nice, I'm on route! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous beach shot...love the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The end of world - at least the snacks are yummy. :)
    Your second shot with sky and reflection is beautiful!!!

    Thanks for your visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Me encanta fotos com reflexos. Muito linda esta última.
    Passando para desejar um grande final de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  45. interesting name of the place and it's a good thing, the food is good:) or no one would go there.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Well, who'd have guessed that the end of the world would be this inviting!
    Great capture, magic the reflection of the clouds!
    Thinking of finding also good food there, I'd want to go there too, in a minute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. @Mukta Well sweetie, as I remember the Aloo Paratha I'm sure you remember the grilled prawns sandwich! Want to start another Veg / Non Veg WAR over here??? :-D :- )))) Anyways, one really can't miss the good Goan Food there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow! For mine, the reflections are more beautiful than the clouds in the sky. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Captivating Name! Easy to remember and I will sure include in my list to visit this place upon my next visit to Goa. Awesome photo with water reflections...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Goa is one of the best place in India you showed it in this awesome snap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful image and reflection! The water is so calm. Thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  52. End of the world or not, the photo of the reflecting clouds is wonderful. Specially the colors are ery nice.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  53. That reflection is something special and I love the pink in the clouds too. Nicely done....very beautiful scene! I wonder why they named the beach shack "The End of the World?" That's really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I've heard about how great the food is at Goa's beaches. Your reflection photo is very beautiful. The mood, the colors, the lighting, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  55. That is very interesting!

    --fickle


    P.S.
    I'm glad I did the 6 degrees of blogging because I found this most beautiful blog!


    now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  56. The second pic is really awesome.Nice Capture On your Camera.Reflection was the best part

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the "away from it all" feel of a place called The End of the World. What a gorgeous setting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wonderful place....it is the end of the world because once you get there, you won't want to leave such a beautiful place. Fantastic SWF shot. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  59. brilliant capture of the reflection.
    must visit mandrem before the world ends!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Kcalpesh! Wonderful pictures. One day I'll have to go to Goa...

    Meanwhile Blogtrotter Two is waiting for you in Turkey.... ;)
    Enjoy and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. itsnot the end of the world yte..we still need to make more pictures b4 it happen..just kidding..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Nice topic!, and pics.
    Don't worry about the world. Keep shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  63. that's very interesting and nice colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful photos. It was nice to have your recommendation of this snack place on the beach. I haven't yet travelled to Goa but would love to some day!

    ReplyDelete
  65. The end of the world is one place I have not been to! Haha Interesting photo.

    ReplyDelete
  66. the second one is stunning :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Life can't get much better than good food at a beautiful beach. Your last picture is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  68. It looks just lovely! I wish our beaches were sandy, but they tend to be very rocky and uncomfortable for walking.

    As for the ramming bighorn sheep, I think you're right-- they seem to be good friends, just playing around!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Fascinating photos. That must have been a wonderful visit....to the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  70. i skipped Goa on the advice of friends, so i have no idea what it's like, but the beaches are so beautiful down south too...and probably less crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi K.
    anche le tue foto sono veramente meravigliose...
    Grazie per la visita nel mio blog :-)
    Torna a trovarmi .
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  72. i felt interesting the name...really..Goa is a very beautiful place...
    congrats for the shot, dear
    have a nice day

    graceolsson.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  73. That second photo is beautiful!

    And guess what. We have an End of the World restaurant here too! The next time I got to Penang, I'll take a picture and post it up on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the relection of the sunset! I'm your newest follower, I hope you will follow mine as well! Thanks. Sistertex @ Spacial Peepol

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a glorious photo! Beautiful reflection. Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  76. Wow! Breathtaking photos! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  77. love the second shot...very impressive....like it!

    ReplyDelete
  78. A very nice post and your pictures are great. I am sure with such terrible things happening around the world, there are people that feel like the end is near. You do a super job on your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Loved the second shot...Goa is the best place in India

    ReplyDelete
  80. This is very effective information to all people. I really glad to read the information from this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos