Palolem Beach: South Goa

In South Goa, once again we decided to move around on a bike and visit the beaches which we had already shortlisted. We'd read a lot about the Palolem Beach and were to visit despite the two and half hours journey through the difficult passages of the mountains. The crescent shaped beach is surely one among the best destinations in Goa. With white sands, coconut palms, dolphin spotting trips, snorkeling and a lot more to offer one just can not miss going to this place. Palolem, locally also known as Palole is considered to be one of the safest beaches for swimming. However, the day we went there, swimming wasn't all that easy with the waves reaching heights of up to 7 feet and more. But, seeing others go neck deep in waters we just couldn't resist going further. It was pure FUN. I later also came to know that this beach had featured in a Hollywood movie. "The Bourne Supremacy". It has been showcased as the Indian residence of Jason Bourne (Matt Damon).
This man is about to catch the flying disc. Not only swimming but options for all kind of sports were available at Palolem.
This does not at all mean that the beach was crowded. It was quite peaceful and really relaxing!! The next time we go there I am determined to go to the place from where crescent shape of the beach can be captured properly. It really looks amazing that way. View the video captured at Palolem beach and listen to the song the waves at Palolem Beach Goa are used to sing. It's simply a very amazing Beach. An absolutely "must-visit" place if you are in Goa.

The photos and the video are captured using our Canon A710 IS Digital Camera

Note: If you were a member on my Google Friend Connect gadget earlier, I request you to please join again. If you were not, well you're most welcome to join now!!

43  comments :

  1. Beautiful beach! I enjoyed watching the waves, people and dog on the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous place!! Really enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing that one! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beach and photos, thanks for sharing your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, it's a place I would love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rode around 100 kms when I was Goa just to get a glimpse of Palolem. It was well worth the ride I say.

    It is by far the prettiest of the Goan beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful place to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing what you share. So many lovely sights and interesting places in your world. Thank you for visiting and I will join as a follower as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    Got your comment, thanks much for stopping by Spacial Peepol. Yep, I will re-up here. Beautiful photos...looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of my trip there almost a decade back.
    Beautiful pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots. I love the feel of action in the second shot.

    Rejoined your follow group as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THat flying disc shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE YOUR SHOTS...
    I LOVE THE VISION U CATCH THE LIFE..CONGRATS
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/06/fotografia-e-uma-artephotography-is-an-art/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos, beautiful beach, beautiful photos of beach :-)

    Thanks you let me the new adress of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful beach....looks very restful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice, very nice! I remember Goa in the 1st movie, The Bourne Identity! Wonderful trilogy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful, I love your zoom and selective black and white on the middle picture, very cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool shots, Kcalpesh! I do remember that beach (now that you mentioned it) in the movie! And I love the shot where you highlighted the disc!

    ReplyDelete
  19. really beautiful there. you captured the essence of this beach.

    have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a beautiful beach and I remember it from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How alluring to see in the middle of the night. Please have you all a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful beach....I loved the sound of the waves! That shot of the flying disc is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely shots and a special thank you for the video with the sound of the sea, the people passing by and that lovely dog romping in the waves. What a great holiday you had.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for transporting me to paradise! Wonderful photos and relaxing video!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a nice beach and I can just imagine relaxing in that chair

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a lovely beach, and I really enjoyed my virtual time there via the video!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love beaches!
    Nice composition.
    Happy SWF.
    " Regina "

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Sounds like the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Reminded me of my trip to the place years back...thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'd like to relax in one of those beach chairs, I can imagine digging my toes into the sand.
    Wonderful Skywatch Friday photo with the basket, ocean and sky.
    Thanks for sharing the video. Absolutely love the dog jumping in the ocean waves's edge.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good pictures. Just stopped by to say I will come back for more. Thanks for voting on http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=20932. I really appreciate it.

    Cheers,
    JPK

    ReplyDelete
  32. it's just so beautiful! i love the white sand. it's no wonder it was used in the film. great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful place, beautiful shots...i really wish i was there right now...i could use some 7ft surf! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. loved the photos and the sounds...must have been fun...i have lived in Goa for 7 years and Goa is a part of me...its people and food worm their way into anybody!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have been here, its so pristine, beautiful!
    awesome photos..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow...wonderful pictures...I loved the first one of the cane swing..:) I'd love to sit there, reading a book..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice place!
    Wonderful pictures!
    Gr.
    P-TER

    ReplyDelete
  38. Palolem Beach in south Goa is fantastic place. If you never visit this beach in Goa then next time the first destination in Goa is Palolem Beach.

    Palolem Beach

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a wonderful post. I have learnt so much from this blog.I like your blog.Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  40. came here by researching on south goa.....this looks really lovely!!

    www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos