The bullock cart photo posted here was captured at Manori Beach. The cart wasn't exactly for carrying goods. Although bullock carts are very common means of transport in rural parts of India, we're not sure about the purpose of it on the beach and were quite surprised to see it there. We assume that it was only used for personal transport by the fishermen as it hardly had any space to keep any goods on it. In a mood to experiment, I used some filters to give this photograph a painting-like effect. The photograph was originally shot using a Canon A 710 IS Digital Camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

We used to have bullock cart here in Melaka, but not anymore though. Modernisation doesn't permit it, I bet :) I missed it, actually..
ReplyDeleteI like the effect you use here in this shot.
I was lucly enough to have a ride on a bullock cart. it was fun except for that long flicky tail that kept swishing cow manure all over me and everyone on the cart. Haha.
ReplyDeleteNice shot.
Great capture.
ReplyDeleteGreat!!
ReplyDeleteLove traditions.
Luiz Ramos
i like the treatment that you gave to this photo.
ReplyDeletei like the treatment that you gave to this photo.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting picture, ether is so much power in it.;)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your recent visit and a kind comment,
xo
That is a great shot. I'm not always a fan of post-processing, as I think it's often overdone, but in this case it really adds to the feeling of the photo. Great job!
ReplyDeleteWow that is beautiful!! I like the composition and the lighting. Thanks for the visit too and happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteSWF~Tell me~
Are those bulls? Looks like a fun ride :D
ReplyDeleteHeisann!
ReplyDeleteI once was a passenger on a bullock cart in Thailand, and it is a funny experience to remember!
Have a nice weekend;:OD)
brilliant boss:)
ReplyDeleteHow exotic looking, and I like the painting like effect too.
ReplyDelete-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
Been wondering where you've been... welcome back! Have a blessed weekend.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard the word, "bullock," in years! Fascinating. But if they can pull goods, I guess they can pull people. I like the effect very much, and use something similar. Do you use Photoshop? If so, let me know, and I can point you to some "actions" which are similar to this.
ReplyDeleteGreat treatment to the image, so well done.
ReplyDeleteI thought the picture looked like a painting. Perhaps the bullock cart was just used for a outing. Bullocks were used for transport in the very early days in Australia.
ReplyDeleteneat capture!
ReplyDeleteGood Shot n Post processing is also good.. But one thing that i feel is that it lacks sharpness and clarity
ReplyDeleteNice picture and I like the work you have done on it.
ReplyDeleteFascinating snap...bravo!
ReplyDeletethat's very interesting seeing a bullock cart on beach!
ReplyDeleteWould love to try that transport!:-)
ReplyDeleteGreat pic, and good to connect with you again. Looks like a tourist ride?
ReplyDeleteNice Photo, difficult to imagine that in the heart of city lies such a beautiful place :)
ReplyDeleteCouldn't resist coming by with that title! Great. Come visit when you have a few minutes: Levonne's Pretty Pics and A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings.
ReplyDeleteEXCELLENT SHOT..LOVE IT.
ReplyDeletehttp://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/07/a-sad-moment-in-eskilstuna/
A great photo. I'd like to se it on my loung room wall. Fantastic shot.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Melbourne Daily Photo