Aamir Khan: The Gola Maker

This man is Aamir Khan, the Gola vendor at Manori. He was not the only Gola Vendor there but he claimed to be very famous with a lot of tourists and also mentioned that people really talk a lot about the Golas he sold there. Well gave it a try and the Golas were really Yummy!!!
He'd also got a side mirror on the ice crushing machine. I couldn't figure out the use of it and even he wasn't sure enough or willing to share the reason. One thing I should mention here is that Aamir Khan is also, name of one of the best actors in Bollywood; The Indian Movie Industry. You can read more about Aamir Khan, here.
Finally Another Skywatch Photo from Manori. The highlight of the one day trip, The Sunset!

66  comments :

  1. That sunset is just glorious.

    www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The colors are hypnotic. Wonderful clouds, beautifully lit, excellent atmosphere. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what Gola is, but those are great shots! That sunset is just exquisite! Everything about it is stunning....the colors are magnificent....I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you removed the color from all but the syrup in the second shot. Nice sky shot as well.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunset is so beautiful and I also enjoyed the shots of the Gola vendor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magic how only the drinks are colored in your second image. All photos are a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Martha, I really like the way you removed the color from all but the syrup. Gorgeous sky as well! Wishing you a great weekend from Seattle! And thanks as always for your visit and comment!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sunset shot is gorgeous. A beautiful way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This truly is art!... thank you Kcalpesh..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Expressive colours - impressive szenes - wonderful pictures! Greetings from Luzia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one awesome ice crushing machine and he looks like a man with a lot of stories to tell.
    I have never had Gola but they look like what we eat here as a Sno-Cone.
    If ever I encounter a Gola vendor I will be sure to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, that is a gorgeous sunset...beautiful! Happy SWF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am familiar with that ice crushing machine, brings good memory of my childhood. Thanks for the visit too.

    SWF~Full Moon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sunset is stunning. The sun looks like a keyhole in the sky... beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pictures with lots of feelings... I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shots. Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a beautiful sunset, beautifully captured.

    I love the way you played with black and white and color in the second photo. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the mainly monochrome photo with the bottles of brightly colored "something"...really interesting shot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He'd also got a side mirror on the ice crushing machine.

    Lol


    Sunset pic is superb....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glorious sunset! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the black & white shot with the bursts of color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning shots and some mice processing as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely gorgeous! That you so much for sharing it with us :o) I'm going to try and make it out to take some sunset pictures tonight as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful sunset! Really lovely and great color.
    Wish you a Happy Easter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a spectacular photo of the sky! I like the post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very beautiful photos. Thanks for the trip into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like your colour accents - very neat! Can't think why the ice machine should need a side mirror though - perhaps he attaches wheels to it and has a 'cool' ride ;-)
    Your sunset photos are superb.
    I wish you and yours a peaceful and happy Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Clever use of colour and a beautiful sunset. Would love to try Gola now xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Manoriis the best beach I've even visited... The second pic with partial de-saturation is too good!!!

    Trip to Gorai Beach
    Dressing while Camping

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like a very powerful sky

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the coloured bottles against the monochrome background!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the last shot the best, it looks a gorgeous place to visit.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely GORGEOUS Sunset!! One of those that makes you happy to be alive, and witnessing such natural beauty!! I enjoyed the other photos (and story) in your post! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I remember very beautiful sunsets in India, especially down south...my good friend was from Bombay and I stayed with her and her family for a week before my 2 month around India. These photos bring back wonderful memories. I just love your photos of the Gola Maker, excellent processing. I can't believe he's the only vendor...that's certainly not very common. He has some unique cart there!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The second pic is beautiful... Brings out the colours of golas, while keeping the gola maker distinct from them. Loved the Sunrise too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi
    foto molto interessanti... grazie della visita :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. seems to be a very interesting shot!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for sharing that beautiful sunset picture. I'm not sure what a Gola is, but I do know these are great pictures of the vendor.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is a very cool effect- a b&w photo with the Golas brightly colored! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  40. It looks like Aamir takes his work very seriously! Very nice pictures! My daughter is going to college for Photography so I am learning a bit about it through her. The composition in your first photo is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your sunset photos! Beautiful.

    Thank you for visiting...I have been way to busy for weeks and hope to coast for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  42. you shot beautiful photos as always!
    thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Interesting colors on all the drinks. Also a beautiful sky picture. Glorious! MB

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your photos! Thank you for visiting my blog Spacial Peepol. So appreciate your kind words. Thank you again. Sistertex

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cool b&w w/ partial color! I like shots like that!
    The sunset is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Reminds me of cotton candy... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  47. gorgeous pics!! i loved the middle one where you had only the bottles in color!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!! I liked Minissha too - loved her in Bachna ae Hasina..

    sonali

    ReplyDelete
  48. the selective coloring has worked really well!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful photos! Especially like the first one where you caught both him and his name :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. such great pictures. I like the one with the man selling bottles.I like it black and white and that you have color on the bottles. Lovely sunset as well.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great photos! The sunset is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Interesting post. The sunset photo is marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  53. i love the colors in your gola photos. the last shot is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I wonder what a gola is? I like his stall its just how I remember stalls in India.
    Wonderful sunset too.

    ReplyDelete
  55. interesting guy! i wonder how that tastes, the one he's selling. I love the sunset pic..it's glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I remember this guy! I had limbu panni from him, if I am not mistaken. Seemed to be popular with the bachalog there!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh, there are wonderful memories of Koh Samui, many years ago - wonderful image. I can feel the warm breeze and hear the nightly noise. Very vivid and narrative...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  58. Lovely shots. Well done. Thank you for visiting My Muskoka !

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  60. aloha,

    beautiful skywatch today, i love your gola man, must be delicious on a very hot day

    thanks again for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos