Sunset at Mandrem: Goa

[Click to enlarge the image] 
 At Mandrem Beach in North Goa  we saw the most stunning and beautiful sunset ever. The sky was full of scattered pieces of clouds and the sun setting upon the ocean created an amazing gradient of orange, red and blue in the sky. It was a visual that has got photographed not only in my camera, but also in my mind. 
If you ever visit Goa, do visit this beach without fail. Mandrem, Morjim in North Goa and Palolem and Benaulim in South Goa are the best. We traveled more than 200 Kms on a bike in 4 days, to reach these beaches from our hotels. We spent 2 days in north and 2 days in south. It was for sure an amazing experience. 
My wife Mukta and I are soon coming up with a new blog Travel Sagas, on which we are going to write about our vacations and weekend getaways to some of the beautiful places in various parts of India. We are looking forward to your visits and comments there too.

88  comments :

  1. Magnifique, une photo tres poetique, j'adore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well composed sunset shot. The bird in the shot is at the right location and makes it more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, beautiful place, beautiful light:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sunset!!! Thank you for your comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely - it has almost thawed me out just looking at it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful golden light. I'd love to visit Goa someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. This is really beautiful:-) Great shot!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture. I love the silhouette of the bird in the middle of the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clouds and colors, great capture of bird in flight too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Handheld. The camera is the Rebel. The lens is the 400mm Sigma and it has built in image stabilization. I don't use other not stabilized lenses. Sometimes I can lean a long zoom lens up against something but the hand held works for this lens pretty good. Thanks for the visit and comment on my House Finch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous sky!!! so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and the bird cooperated by flying by just for you! How beautiful this is! A beautiful sunset is a beautiful sunset...but, from the perfect location...1000 times better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From top to bottom this is a great photo. I think that this may be your best work ever. I would be very proud to take a photo like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo this is just gorgeous:) i like the altocummulus clouds. Nice colors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful sunset and I like the way you captured the bird in flight in the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Picture perfect!!!! And what a way to pen it down so perfectly... waiting for u to travel other places :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Picture perfect!!!! And what a way to pen it down so perfectly... waiting for u to travel other places :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice shot! those clouds and the light are great, and that bird in flight , really pretty! thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Kcapesh! Hard to beat this one! It's got all the right pieces, including the bird in flight! Perfection, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous capture! The colors are breathtaking, the clouds magnificent! The bird did indeed cooperate, perfect touch!! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  21. bonito por do sol muito qualificado pela passagem do passaro.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picture. I like the colors and the bird flying out of the picture is a good addition. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning shot. - For me it is the best shot in tthis round of Skywatch Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The flight of the bird just added beauty and splendor of the whole image! Perfect capture!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so beautiful and reflection is amazing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great shot pal, the bird in the scene makes the picture more interesting, love the reflection..

    Thanks for your comments on my blog, Road to Heaven was shot on BR Hlls, which is at a border of Tamilnadu

    Take care
    samson

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree, this is a stunning photo of a great evening.

    I like your blog too. But will have to revisit later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful photo! Do you know what type of bird is flying in the center?

    Thanks for stopping by Wrenaissance. I wish there was a way I could send you some (if not all) of our snow!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kcalpesh: Wow, that makes my cold skies look so dismal.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome shot. Don't know if you waited and waited for the bird, but that was a great catch. I photographed a sunset in North Carolina and a gull took off as if on queue on soared right into the frame.

    Thanks for stopping by My Field of Vision

    ReplyDelete
  31. A really magnificent photo, - I am sure it is imprinted in your memory. The bird is beautiful against the golden light.

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is beautiful! i like the composition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful. The bird was one flap of its wings from center. I have friends who have visited India often. I'll have to ask them if they have been here.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am awestruck by the divine beauty of this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful - you have the clouds, the bird, the light, the sun. Looks magical.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am not great fan of sunsets, but this image allows for an exception: bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a glorious photograph - wonderful sunset. Really enjoyed looking at your other posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The beautiful beach, beautiful golden light, and a great capture of a bird, too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning image!

    ThaCarletta’s Captures.nks so much for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for visiting my blog. The picture is taken in Børsa, Norway. It was freezing cold -18 `C, but also very beautiful.
    Your shot is wonderful. I find it very peaceful and just love the bird passing by:)
    Wish you a nice week, greetings Linda

    ReplyDelete
  42. A stunning shot made perfect by the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  43. That is a gorgeous sunset shot, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful sunset photo. Fabulous light, and I love the bird.

    Thank you for visiting my Skywatch.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I will never see your part of the country. But, I really enjoy all the great sights you share with us. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Kcalpesh! Sorry for the absence, but this starting of the year has been even crazier than usual!

    Magnificent! One day I'll go there!!

    Blogtrotter 2 is departing Miami by sea. Hope you like it and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful with a dasy of birds wings to spice it up. One can almost hear the waves washing up on the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Bird in flight added to the already nice golden sunset pic.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous, that looks like paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love sunsets. This photo is quite exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The best sunset I ever seen!!! Pure magic...

    ReplyDelete
  52. A perfect photo of stunning skies and the solitary bird in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Ahhh to be on a beach...away from snow and mountains and smoggy air....

    ReplyDelete
  54. MAGICLY INDEED.........The shadows and shilouettes of every single object is outrageously beautiful....!!!
    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow! Amazing sunset! And I love the bird flying across the sky :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful sunset. I love your capture of the sun.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  57. thats an awesome click... you managed to click the bird too... perfect timing :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. WOW! Beautiful composition and the bird just took the image to another lewel! Thanks for stopping by, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  59. wow..this is beautiful! Wonderful capture..from kyungmee!

    ReplyDelete
  60. how gorgeous!

    thanks for your visit at daytrippers, have a sweet day

    ReplyDelete
  61. Greeting from Bulgaria!thank you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Marvellous image! Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fantastic photo!Greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  64. A lot of things going on in this photo. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Just perfect. Swoon! Such simple beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Grande on it's own and yet the flying bird gives it even more personality, very nice again~

    ReplyDelete
  67. So beautiful...what an exquisite view.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Gorgeous photo and descriptions. Will look forward to your travel blog.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Good luck with your travel blog. I'm sure it will be stunning. This photo really puts the reader THERE one-on-one with the sun!

    Jan
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  70. An absolute dream, my life already I want to travel to Goa - it will probably remain a dream, but now I can always look at you and I appreciate your fantastic pictures. Thank you for your nice comment, I was very happy about it.

    isabella

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great shot !!
    I really love it...

    Greetings from Holland,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  72. Goa! Used to be a Portuguese enclave in India. Useless info from HS geography
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  73. Stunning!

    Haghpat Monastery, Armenia

    Catching up with letter H entries.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos