Rambaug Point: Matheran Moments

I just browsed through a bunch of photographs to locate more of some really beautiful moments shot at Matheran. Once we walked out of our hotel "Hanjar House" which is located right next to the Matheran railway station, we had to pass through the market area to start visiting all the points at Matheran. On the way I noticed this communication tower emerging from between the lush green trees. It was a wonderful sight as without that tower, you'd get completely disconnected from the rest of the world.
We trekked all the way visiting Khandala point and Alexander Point to reach Rambaug point which had a mesmerizing panoramic view. I wish I had a tripod to shoot a panoramic photograph. If I go there again I'll ensure to carry one.
It immediately after monsoon and there were quite a lot of flowers and greenery all around. Here's one of them.

46  comments :

  1. that is a wonderful sky! well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful captures as always!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures and great skY:)

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful depictions of life!!

    Though, the last one of flowers is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful captures. That tower against the blue sky is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific shots as always, Kcalpesh! Love the tower against the sky and the flower is exquisite! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots. I featured power lines today that are similar to your first shot.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, Kcalpesh! And you're so right about the importance of these towers. What would we do without our means of communication?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful captures as always! You know how to use your camera...*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous clouds!

    The communication towers also help track down people's whereabouts, in crime solving....you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely skies! Great captures.
    Happy SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful exotic vegetation and sublime sky ....!
    Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!
    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pics are wonderful, I love Nr 2:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the formation of the clouds on the second image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. and the tower at the first shot makes the picture! the second one with the trees framing on one side is my favourite

    thanks for your comment

    Christina, sweden

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy sky watch friday, love the photo of the little flower it is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  17. I prefer your second here, good composition, and framed too!.... thanks for sharing!....:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The top one made me think of the communication tower at the phone company where my dad worked when I was young. Sometimes we had to pick him up, and it was along ride. Seeing that tower told me we were almost there.

    These are lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice collection of shots. As an engineer I can appreciate the tower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you saw the beauty of connectedness in the utilitarian structure of the tower.

    I hope you do get back for the panoramic photos. That will be a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. KC: Those certainly are fond memories of this place.

    ReplyDelete
  22. a tripod would be difference but I adored the first and the last...congrats
    Have a nice day
    graceolsson.com/blog



    Oh, thanks for your visits and comments

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful sky and a lovely flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely shots. I find myself drawn to the flower one. Hey, what's wrong with me? That's not sky!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very soft and warm looking sky. Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love, love the blue skies of the 2nd photo. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the top two are nice but I love the bottom photo. It's really a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simple but serene!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    <a href="http://viennadaily.blogspot.com>Mirage</a>

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful sky and I like the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wonderful pics.:) especially the second one..where I like the contrast between green and blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. A blue sky wath wont you more!
    Greats pictures!
    Gr.
    P-TER

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely shots. I really like the post processing on the flower one.

    ReplyDelete
  33. who swept the sky?...wonderful photo

    ReplyDelete
  34. The ph0tos are all great,i like the sec0nd 0ne.nice

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the last image, reminds me of the Rock of Gibraltar: defiance against the ravages of time and the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This looks a fascinating spot, and the clouds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. All Three are great shots! Though I like the 3rd one best! It has an old world feel to it..Great work!

    http://apertureinmyhorizon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. summer sky is good.

    re: the clouds on my sky watch, I ahve never seen it before. I took the photo only because of the shape of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful captures of sky, and nicely composed. I like the first one...man vs nature..and all the energy within.

    The little yellow flower really pops out, showing its vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you so much for visiting the House these past 2 Fridays!

    You are a great photographer! I think you should try to shoot some freehand panoramas just for the fun & experience of it. I thought I did a really good one of a recent party until I discovered the same person had gotten themselves into all 3 frames!

    Thank you for showing me [in other posts] that some really cool pictures can be taken with pokey cellphone cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I like your blog and the kind of photos! Greetings from luzia.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Really nice pics... amazing how man made structures tower over nature these days....

    the sky in the 2nd pic is just awesome!!


    And the third pic looks like a postcard which people (including me!) would love to buy! :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos