A gift: Photo with blurred background

This photo was just an attempt to figure out how can I achieve a blurred / out of focus background using my Canon A710 IS Digital Camera.  After placing the gift showpiece at our window, I just stood about 5 feet away and used the 6x-optical zoom to click a very tight composition. I'm glad that I could finally figure out a better way than Photoshop to achieve a blurred background for my subject :-)

Generally a Larger aperture and a smaller f number should do the trick with DSLR cameras. See this link on DSLR TIPS WORKSHOP for More Information. For user of point and shoot cameras, the optical ZOOM feature should do the trick for you :-)

31  comments :

  1. Nice:-) Like the color and the background.
    Wish you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tres beau focus, une belle photo de ces jouets, j'aime beaucoup avec la fenetre derriere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot! Experimenting helps to become a professional :) All the best.. and good going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! The colors and composition make for an interesting photo, too. I have only recently figured out that some of my favorite photos are those with the blurred background, and have been playing around with the focus and my telephoto lens to achieve it. Thanks for sharing what you are doing as you do it; it helps those of us who are learning! (I usually don't KNOW how I got a good shot...it's generally by accident!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific capture and the blurred background does make for a really interesting shot. Experimenting is the best way to learn! I have a very long way to go, but it's fun! Have a great evening!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blurred background looks really cool in this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to know a little bit more about that effect, it's called "bokeh" and I have written a FAQ on my site here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the blurred background...it just brings our focus on the image and adds up its beauty...love the blurd leaves.

    Nice shot:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Added myself to ur followers list...
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did well! Yes, it's always best to "fix" the photo in camera than in Photoshop...

    I like the colors and light in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really interesting photo - I like the blurry backround!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so light and cheery! You got a very nice bokeh...nice light and color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have achieved what you wanted! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is well done....and more often than not that darned background/foreground focus thing doesn't work for me either :) It seems random!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is interesting to try with my Cannon digicam. Fantastic shot. I love the image so much..

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful and I also wanted to know how to blur the background, so thanks for the info. Thanks for the visit too.

    Sky Watch Friday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems to me you got it just right. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done, and thanks for sharing the info.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Kalpesh

    There's something awaiting you in my blog. Pls do share my happiness and festive spirit...

    Regds
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  20. KC: Very nicely done, I had learned this trick by accident while trying to do close-ups of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nicely done--and not surprisingly the blurred background really enhanced the figures. You make it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your secret. That is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,
    This is indeed a lovely photo.

    Some more ways to improve the DOF
    1. Use longer focal length
    2. Move the subject farther from background
    3. Move closer to the subject
    4. If nothing works, use Photoshop ;-)

    Thanks for sharing.
    BTW, I have also written a few points about blurring backgrounds in photos in my blog at http://www.gunjankarun.com/?p=86
    Hope you find it useful :)

    Take care,
    Gunjan

    ReplyDelete
  24. hii
    now get your photo book published

    visit : www.hummingwords.in

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos