Reflections: Mandrem Beach, Goa

 
We bade Mandrem beach in Goa goodbye and in our quest for Morzim beach reached this place. This however turned out to be another end of the Mandrem beach. Here we noticed this rock formation in a small crater-like dent. My wife, Mukta, thought this formation resembled Shiva-linga. The sun had already gone down the horizon and Mukta was in a hurry to get back to our hotel in Baga before it got dark because there's nobody around to ask for directions after 7-7:30PM. Locals in Goa call it a day pretty early as compared to us nocturnal Mumbaites. And yet I managed to convince her to pose for this photo as just the rock formation without the reflection wouldn't have had the same impact. This photo too was clicked using my good old Canon A710 IS digital camera.
Join us here for Weekend Reflections at James's Blog



95  comments :

  1. I love this! Have just arrived and will take some time looking around, but I already love your photos! I have just decided to get a bit more serious about photography, so I am trying to learn what I can from others (and from my own experimentation). You have a great eye!

    I am now following you! ;)

    Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reflections and capture.
    Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reflections shot. Love this image so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rock pool is fascinating — is it natural or manmade? Lovely reflection.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very beautiful, so clear and nice reflection. Great shot as always:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kcalpesh! This is one of your very best photos...it is sharp, clear with super colors...the scene itself is superb and the reflection tops everything off perfectly!

    Kudos to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful photo.... Thank God... Mukta agreed to pose for this... its amazing... Absolutely timely... the light is just right.. wow.. wow..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot! I've spent one week at Mandrem a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply breathtaking, with that pinkish sky floating behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You captured the magic light! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite kind of reflection in a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like your photos, they are great!
    thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This photo has excellent composition that gives it a lot of depth. I like the colors. The reflections are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic capture, Kcalpesh! Perfect reflections and such soft, lovely skies! Hope your weekend is going well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the simplicity yet very touching side of this shot. The clouds are so soft and the reflection is so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I'd love to visit Goa someday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very fitting for the subject - filled with piece and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is a super shot,makes you want to peek into that pool of water yourself,

    thanks for popping by my blog,

    Gill in Snowy Canada

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice photograph, the late afternoon light gives it a wonderful feeling. It looks like the rock fell from the sky, and your wife gives the picture a sense of scale.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect portrait! I bet your subject loved it! I'd frame it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent photo. The reflection is a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful and peaceful shot. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kcalpesh! Happy Holi. Great Festival of Colours!!
    Wonderful picture!
    Meanwhile, Blogtrotter 2 is still in Haiti, now at Malfini Beach. Hope you enjoy and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great photo! I really need to get out and do some more photography soon. We are having a snow storm today, so I won't be leaving the house for now. I do plan on getting together with a photographer friend this week, so hopefully we'll get some great shots and I can get back to posting on my photography blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice find by the beach! Glad your wife is a willing model. :) The pool of water on the beach made a perfect circle around the rock and then it leads back into the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A photo that tells a story and so peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a pretty reflection! you're right about it not having the same impact if Mukta did not pose

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well done on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Perfect reflections en composition!
    Great photo ! ! !
    Gr.
    P-TER

    ReplyDelete
  30. KC: Wonderful capture of the double reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great shot...nice light...all of the reflections in this shot are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  32. sooo beautiful reflection,thanks for sharing...and stopping by my blogs,nice to see you there....

    have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful reflection of a gorgeous person.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sunset is approaching, creating a beautiful, peaceful scene. The reflection of a day in retreat with your wife in thoughts is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's a stunning reflection. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely photo! I'm always looking for good reflection photos to take whenever I'm near water as well :o)

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, commenting and becoming a follower, I always love discovering new photographers through my blog and being discovered as well! The more the merrier, so I'm following your blog now as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a glorious reflection.
    The colors in the clouds in the background make it even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  38. lovely photo - Goa looks beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful! "There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." ~Ansel Adams
    So, somehow, both of us are inside the image....Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely *auspicious* photo of a peaceful place. Your wife adds a special touch.
    Happy traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I don't know but I was drawn to the picture as soon as I laid my eyes into it. Your wife reflection on the water was great, the background scenery added to the effect and the sky has a very distinct pinkish color and most of all the rock in the middle of the water. Magnificent!

    SkyWatchFriday

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful - and well done to your wife for overcoming her natural reluctance to be out after dark in an unfamiliar place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nice photo in so many ways, thank you for sharing with sky watch friday

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love this. The reflections, and the composition with the woman. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great shot, I like the composition and balance in this.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous photo. Lovely reflection. Goa is in my list of must-sees.

    www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great picture and a great blog. Keep up the god work

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a beautiful and peaceful shot.Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovely atmosphere in the picture, and I agree that the shadow makes it special ;)

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is a top notch reflection! There are many things that make this a very good photo. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the reflection. Love the muted storm clouds in the background. Awesome color. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is a perfect reflection image.
    Joyce USA

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful shots, both. I'll come back to admire more of yours and your wife's photography.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Really beautiful sky in this lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Perfect and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  56. It is so beautiful and lovely reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful photograph. I love the reflections not only of the rock and your wife but also the clouds. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Totally fabulous. Love the reflections and the framing. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words. Have a good weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great photo with excellent composition!

    ReplyDelete
  60. i like the composition of your photo..it's really a nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  61. i love the reflections here, and the sun partly hidden in the clouds! it is all so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wonderful photo!
    Beautiful reflections and great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  63. It gives me a feeling of stillness, and I really like the back drop that brings out the stark bareness of the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  64. wonderful image..very cool find and well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful picture, very creative too !

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi Kcalpesh! Back to say that Blogtrotter 2 is missing your comments in Haiti. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. That is really a stunning shot - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'm glad your wife agreed - that's a lovely photo. You captured the sky and the reflection beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Beautiful! There is just so much to see and contemplate in all those reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful shot. Very lovely reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi Kcalpesh! Looking forward to seeing the next post, Blogtrotter 2 has moved to the Reggae Land. Enjoy and have a great week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Bela foto.
    Reflexos produzem um trabalho muito bonito.

    ReplyDelete
  73. You were right about the reflection having a better impact. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful photograph..it is almost as if you made that rock pose there for you and your wife.
    Well done !!
    Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow... this is a beautifully clear photograph! Superb job :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos