Captain of the boat

Welcome back! You may have seen the older version of this photo here. A few days back I started experimenting with HDR effects on photographs. Some people may think that processing of photos after photography may make them look artificial. After seeing the results by the treatment of this photo, I think some times, it really makes the normal images look very dramatic. The displayed photograph was shot by my wife Mukta, using our Canon A710 IS Digital camera. One of my first experiments on HDR. Also contributing this photo to SKYWATCH Friday!
Technorati Blog Claim: MUZH2G39RX25 

57  comments :

  1. The thing that catches my eye is the old blue paint on the boat, and the rust on the exhaust pipe. I think it sets the whole tone of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous shot! The color and intensity of the sky is amazing. The whole scene is splendid! Beautiful boy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent shot! I do think it looks even better now. It just depends on the amount of editing that is done. This looks perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic capture! Love the richness of the of colors and there is a difference from the earlier photo! Marvelous! And that beautiful young man does seem to be enjoying the day! Have a lovely weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. With the stormy skies above this photo is majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photo!! Nice contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, welcome back! HDR can be very effective; and it's very effective in this shot. Very dramatic photo.

    The problem is that used to often it becomes old hat and I think is sometimes used to "fix" photos that weren't very good to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree in this case. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb shot. someday i will have to learn about hdr.

    i also participated in skywatch and my entry is here: http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous HDR!
    I love the blue of the boat, the rust, the texture of the clouds - well done!
    Mine’s here: Carletta’s Captures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a beautiful shot very dramatic!"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right it certanly increases the impact of a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this pic says drama, brilliance, bang :) amazing effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! I love the sky and clouds in backround. The picture look so warm and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photo! Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous shot. There is so much to see in it, and not only the sky. It seems to tell a story, and trying to work out what the story is, is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a dramatic transformation! Would love to know how you did it xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very stunning picture. I think enhancing the picture is really nice to pop up some of the beautiful colors around.
    Thank you for visiting me, it's an honor to be visited by such a talented person like you. I am only an amateur/newbie photographer ^_^ Happy weekend!

    SkyWatchFriday:Beautiful Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  19. Splendid composition, it brings the whole of a thought together, perfectly balanced, very lovely sky and scene~

    ReplyDelete
  20. This photo is only more beautiful and interesting enhanced--and as far as enhancing and experimenting go, I say: "Why not!"
    Your wife's eye is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the result, especially the contrast in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice work- terrific capture! Love the intense blue and motion!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HD creates a very different effect, but I agree that it is very dramatic. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very well done! It's quite more dramatic than the original. What program did you use? I had another tutorial on HDR a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kcalpesh! Sorry for another long absence, but after a busy start of the year I decided to make a break during the Carnival week, anticipating new hard weeks ahead!!

    This is an excelelnt shot! Ready for a photo prize!!

    Meanwhile, Blogtrotter 2 is in Haiti, waiting for your comments. Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think the enhancement moves it from a great photo to great art!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A great portrait with a great sky and a beautiful sea in background.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn't HDR amazing? I'm using the Photomatix app. to do mine. I'm trying to keep them pretty natural now. Not an easy thing to do. It's fun to go wild with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the contrasts in this photo. The precessing really helps with that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome shot, I think does make for a dramatic effect especially in the sky. Great photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I missed this last week! Wow! I want to reach up and touch that sky! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  32. nice shot! stumbled onto you blog! :) nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this photo, and I love that you continue to show us variations of it. I hope you will put them all together in a future Skywatch post.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic capture as always! Gorgeous skies, colors and you've caught a real sense of drama! Superb! Enjoy a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the bright vivid colors - HDR! Love it!

    happy swf

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have seen many HDR worked photographs...most are very artificial looking because the user has overdone it....you have come very close to getting it just right...the effect is making the photo "Pop"

    ReplyDelete
  37. i love the effect...it looks dramatic. excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  38. i like a litte effects sometimes...i thnk any real photographer likes to keep his/her photos as close to the original as possible, esp when the photograph is good before hand...but it's always fun to play around sometimes...hd reminds me of 3d film...somehow giving it a more real...but also surreal feeling at the same time. this is wonderful...and not too overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That little bit of added intensity is stunning, even in the thumbnail it drew me in. As a larger photo it would be captivating. Well done and thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  40. P.S. The largest I see this available is 4x6 can or will you do it larger?

    carolyn@haidagwaii.net

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos