Enjoying the Gola at Manori

As I mentioned in the previous post, Manori was a cool way to end the weekend. While the last post on Pixellicious Photos showed you the bottles of the syrup. Here's a picture of my mother-in-law enjoying the gola. It was actually the best thing to have in the afternoon when the sun is right over your head and there's the vast sea in front of you. The photograph was clicked using my Canon A710 IS digital camera and the color treatment was done using the Hue/Saturation adjustment in Photoshop.


Click here for Moody Monday Photos

43  comments :

  1. What a beautiful image. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The selective color is really cool and so is the shot. Your mother in-law looks just like the mother/in-law that lived with the couple below us in our apartment in Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the syrup, but it sure looks good and I think I said before it reminds me a lot of the "icees" they sell here in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good! And the shot is great:-)
    Thanks for all your nice comment on my blog, and I wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gola looks so refreshing. Great capture and I like the selective coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gola does look delicious! What a great shot! Love the spot of color! Thanks as always for visiting and for your comments. Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting... I would love to try them.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic...Great Shot and the play of the hue and saturation is brilliant, my first time here...and will look forward more such refreshers, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful photo. Lovingly taken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks interesting...i never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shot...she is too busy in enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful image, the use of the Photoshop color treatment is really excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely candid photo. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kind of similar(?) to that popular food colored ice-candy in our place. But yours must be so refreshing and tastes better. Your grandmom seems to enjoy the treat. But also, this capture is expressive and impressive.

    This visit is part of my follower appreciation day. Have great days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful shot and the gola looks refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ..... Very graceful mother in law enjoying the fresh gola.....(...this would be a fantastic shot for a gola-pubblicity...what do you think?)

    Have a wonderful and happy week!
    ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful portrait of your mother-in-law. I don't know what she is eating but it looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice photo - good treatment with the colour. She sure looks like she's enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks really refreshing and very more-ish;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like the perfect refreshment on a hot day :). Love the selective colorizing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. KC: Neat photo and it was nice of Mom to pose for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @fishing guy: Hey thanks for the comment. Actually she didn't even know I clicked a photo. I'm sure if she knew she'd have become conscious about it....

    ReplyDelete
  23. On a hot day there is nothing better here where we live in Ohio than a cone of shaved ice with orange syrup on it. Very good photo you have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  24. sweet;) Nice work with treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some photos are very special and ready to go into an album. It needs an artistic eye to be a good photographer and you have got it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice! Those ice cold treats are just the thing to have on a hot day, and I love the way you processed the photo to emphasize the gola.

    ReplyDelete
  27. very nice pic... have gone thru some of ur earlier ones too and I must say they are really really impressive... would def come back for more

    Cheers!
    Tavish
    Latest Blog Post: The face I once knew

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great people watching capture.

    ReplyDelete
  29. it looks really good and with the hot weather nowadays, it's getting me drooly! btw, thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice capture,wanna try what she's eating...
    thanks for visiting my blog...

    blue*

    ReplyDelete
  31. she seem to be really enjoying it :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Have been following your blog for a while now and really enjoy your pics.. good work!

    Here's an 'award' a friend gave me to be passed on to blogs that I like. http://wp.me/pDvVG-5j

    ReplyDelete
  33. A nice portrait tasting a (I imagine) delicious gola!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely portrait! Thanks for visiting me, hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The selective color is really cool and so is the shot.
    Thanks for the visit; hope you enjoyed and come back again! I will ...

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh mama mia....pretty impressive shot....love it! thanks for sharing...and thanks btw, for coming by on my page...glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a fantastic capture! The black and white with the orange hue is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Enjoyed looking at your photos and your choices at colorizing them.

    Thanks for visiting Oakland Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Sometimes it feels like we all live under the same canopy. Please stop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hii, the photo is brilliant...it is quite creative.the orange colored gola stands out prominently amidst the balck and white...well captured

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos