Bird Photography at Goa

After looking at some really beautiful Bird Photos by Abe Lincoln, I decided to give it a go too but never really managed to click some really nice bird photos. During my last visit to GOA I saw a few birds in front of our hotel room balcony.
Although the birds were quite far, I tried to take the best possible shots using the 6X Optical Zoom of my Canon A710 IS Digital Camera. Obviously I can't compare these photos to the bird photography done by Abe Lincoln but I would like to dedicate these photos to Abe as I've drawn quite a lot of inspiration from his blog & photography.
This one's a Kingfisher. Read more.
I'm not sure about this bird which has beautifully camouflaged itself with the leaves.

 The last two photographs are of the Red Whiskered Bulbul...
This post is dedicated to you Abe....

18  comments :

  1. Kcalpesh it's nice to see you. These are great shots of really cool birds. I'm usually not very good a capturing birds but I just happen to have a bird shot at MY Newtown blog and a couple days ago at Something Sighted. I really like the colors of the top bird. Do you know what kind of bird it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and the first one is my favourite!
    Greetings:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tribute to the great photographer Abe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What type of bird is the top one? We don't have anything like that around here. It's beautiful.
    Abe's photos of birds are incredible. Good dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that blue bird is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I must say, "Thank you very much," for this nice tribute to me and my bird photography. I do like to photograph birds and I do try to make them up close but am somewhat limited in my camera lenses. Still I can get some good ones and satisfy my desire.

    Your birds depicted in this post are very colorful. Your pictures are probably as close as you can get them with the camera and lens you are using. So I am inclined to say that you did an excellent job. And I wish we had some birds like these in America where I live.

    Thank you again for this dedicated post. It fills my eyes with thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. I have been to Abe's blog, it is an inspiring one.
    You have taken excellent shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Abe is an excellent bird photographer!

    But you did well here. I especially liked the Kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful. I really like the second photograph - well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice posting, and I love the shot of the Kingfisher - it has a graphic quality to it with the parallel wires.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice viewing your blog. I saw my first Kingfisher this past autumn. I must say your image is far greater than my own were.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite is of the colourful Kingfisher being so intent in the moment. It's as if she were wearing a wig or has a special hair-doo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful captures. The second shot is my favorite. I love how the leaves frame the bird, and the composition feels very intimate.

    Inspiring blog. I'm a fan. :)

    Thanks for visiting me. Warm greetings from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blue kingfisher is quite beautiful. I think your bird photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the first very much! Great composition and framing of the bird;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful captures and I especially love the gorgeous colors on the Kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos