Chain on the cruise

We were on a small cruise traveling from Port Blair to Havelock Island. No matter what direction we looked into we just get to see blue waters. It was beautiful but became monotonous as the journey was going take two and a half hours. I began to look for things that I could photograph. I saw this chain very closely. It was freshly painted black and thus had a shine on it. With nothing much around, I clicked three to four photos of this chain out of which I shortlisted two. The other one can be seen here.

 As mentioned in my previous post, you can JOIN the World Photo Bloggers

35  comments :

  1. Something so common and mundane turns into a very interesting photo! Actually, I am impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting shot...

    Pls do wish my friend a Happy B'day at Savoir-Faire

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you look you will aleays find something.. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture, K. I had to laugh at you taking pictures of miles and miles of water... It reminded me of the time when George and I were on a cruise and we took TONS of pictures of sunrises and sunsets. When we got home, we had a hard time remember which ones were sunrises over the ocean and which ones were sunsets... Thank Goodness for having the date and time listed.. ha

    Have a great day.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I think there are lots of nice things on boats to photograph, and usually they are things we don't see every day on land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the simplicity of this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting image - I could spend two hours watching blue sky and blue water:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting shot, with the sky and sea divided by the chain...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the visit to my birds blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a minute I thought you were pulling my chain. But then I realized you used your boredom for a good purpose. Do you know how many great photos have been taken because a photographer was bored?

    No? I don't either. But the number is probably high. ;-)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats. like this shot and ideas!
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent image, I like the idea and the perfect shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun shot! I love looking around for things to capture when all else "seems" boring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shot.Excellent image.

    Thanks for you visit.

    Have a nice day
    Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have a good eye for unusual photos. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A chain can be the metaphore for many things, good or bad... every person can interpret it his own way! That's why I like this picture.

    P.S: Is there a way to follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Giorgio There seems to be a problem with the google friend connect widget (Followers). After the page has loaded, the widget disappears. I shall update you as soon as the widget is back and functional.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea for this photo. The plain simple chain with blue water as a background made a lovely post. You did a very nice job. I am proud you stopped by to visit me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so talented and very creative turning a boring picture into something interesting. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey.. first time here..Nice photo blog!
    Loved this image.. simple and the contrast is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the entire look and feel of ur blog...and to top it all, the great photos...u have us all chained here :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. neat picture and great job finding cool shots in the unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The chains that bind. I have difficulty in passing up a good chain image. I tend to take a number of photos of them myself. Usually rusty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chains !! Chains are boundaries and I beleive there are no boundaries except the ones we make...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always enjoy seeing what people focus on when taking close-ups. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My First visit to yr blog , Nice shots , can you refer me some websites websites, I want wants to learn photography ..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the prompt reply , I just want to pursue photography for leisure , amateur photography for capturing the moments of life .. Not really in a condition to join any college etc ..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks alot , will check it out !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos