Diwali festival gets over today. I wanted to give night photography a try. Once again with my limited semi-manual camera [Canon A710 IS]. With a hope to capture a sky with bursting crackers, small oil lamps nicely arranged in a decorative manner on the veranda of our house and our neighbour's, I spent Diwali in a busy manner. Managed to click only one photo which I have posted above. A lamp hanging on the ceiling of my bedroom. I hope I soon get to do some night photography and a chance to click some nice photos in general.
Long time no click. :-(

I like this shot, it sort of reminds me of a ufo. The warm light surrounded by darkness looks cool. I need to take some night pictures. Long time no click for me too.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great night shot here Kcalpesh and yeah long time no click. You're going great. Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteI really like this photo! Hope you had great time during Diwali festival:)
ReplyDeleteI like the contrast of the light and the dark. I wish you well in your night time photography. I need to try that as well.
ReplyDeleteThat's a nice shot Kalpesh, Looks amazing
ReplyDeleteI like the glow and the lamp's simple design.
ReplyDeletesuperbly captured.
ReplyDeletethis is really nice! very artsy!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Lantern !! Nice post !!
ReplyDeleteNice photo ! Only if diwali was just as peaceful and noisy as it is celebrated normally across India
ReplyDeleteK: Nicely captured, night shots are so hard.
ReplyDeleteis it the light of the festival, beautiful!
ReplyDeletegreat looking photo!
ReplyDeleteWell, a lamp on your ceiling is better than no lamp at all! Let a lamp be your light to better things?
ReplyDeleteNicely done. Just kidding. You'll get lots of night shots, I'm sure.
Have a great weekend!
I saw a comment you left at Daryl's page and I loved the picture that accompanied your picture so much I had to come and say hi : )
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely image!
nice colors ;)and it looks great
ReplyDeleteBeautiful glow, Happy Halloween and have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteMy Bangkok Through My Eyes!
You Got A Posty
Very good idea, I tried something like this with much less luck... Beautiful shot!
ReplyDelete@Vogon Poet: True I believe in that. Your imagination, ideas and and creativity can do wonders even with a simple mobile phone camera. And yeah, these discussions here itself has made a forum... :-)
ReplyDeletelooks wonderful.. like a space ship is about to take off... !!!
ReplyDeleteLovely lamp... Looks like an antique piece...
ReplyDeleteMy Travelogue, Savoir-Faire
I am very interested in night photos as well. Yours of the lamp as beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely photo. The lamp itself has great lines, and I love the way it glows against the black background. As for your camera, I think photography is more about the person behind the lens than the machine itself.
ReplyDeleteOn my last post, you asked about the size of the woolly bear. It is just a caterpillar, about two inches long. We Americans find them to be cute.
Sometimes the best shots are right under our noses or over our heads like yours. I think this is a great shot. Love the color!
ReplyDeleteV
Actually, this is a great capture of night photography!
ReplyDeleteThat is a nice picture with the dark background and unusual lamp. Hope you had a great celebration.
ReplyDeleteeven with a simple camera, you managed to capture a great shot
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture of a beautiful lamp. Thanks for sharing with me.
ReplyDeleteThis is a nice shot. I want to try some night time photos as well at some point.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful lamp. Nice shot!
ReplyDeletesimply beautifully captured shot...lovely!
ReplyDeletebeautiful light photo!
ReplyDeletenice, i love night shots!
ReplyDeleteThat lamp looks great against the dark background.
ReplyDeleteNice capture..I too tryout my hands with Canon PowerShot A580..good than my previous one but not much
ReplyDeleteI love that....
ReplyDeletegreat pic...the black background has really brought out the beauty of the lamp
ReplyDelete