Photography Forum?

Hi All, I have been thinking since quite some time about starting a forum for discussions on various topics related to photography. It could be tips on portrait photography, black and white photography, digital photography in general or even professional photography. May be some really experienced photographers like you can give some great tips about photography techniques to a photography beginner like me. I believe tips for a beginner in photography will definitely help the newbies to improvise on their photography art.

 Some of us might be well aware of the history of photography and would like to share their experience with the other members. By this post I'm trying to take a feedback from all of you to get an understanding about how you would welcome this forum of photography. I believe this forum would be of a mutual benefit to all of us.

 Other than exchange of views, there can be a blog showcase for listing and showcasing your blog. May be it could give us an easier method to reach and welcome new photo bloggers in the community. Also, ensuring that your photographs reach a higher number of audience.

It would be great to hear from you. Please mention your views about this idea about a Photography Forum, in the comments.

15  comments :

  1. I think its a wonderful idea, as one can always learn new techniques. As none of us is perfect.. It could become a global platform to exchange information.. I am all for it.

    Bhuvan
    Terragen Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its a great idea.. I'm in for learning more about how to make good use of my camera..

    Its nice that you will showcase peoples blogs as well.. Its always nice to see talented people & learn more from them...

    Please do start this forum... I'll be here everyday.. learning something new.. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bhuvan, @Patricia :- That's an encouraging comment. I definitely want to get ahead with this idea of starting a forum to exchange views and ideas about Digital Photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great idea. I'm a beginner as well, and would appreciate the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely enjoy reading others' knowledge and expertise but afraid I wouldn't have much to offer in the way of sharing because I have no idea what I'm doing, sometimes I get good photos and other times, not. It's all luck for me, ha! But I would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit wary of these things they because usually attract boring people who like more to talk of photography than take the camera and shoot actual photos. So said, it may be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good idea. I could use the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vogon Poet: I believe we'd all anyways be active with our daily photography despite the forum. The idea of forum is basically to share a our experiences and a few tips about Photography in general. Like Bhuvan said above none of us is perfect... may be we can look into our skills and develop them further making our good photography better... :-) Whether to make it boring or not would depend on our own involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think can be a nice idea but I do not know anything ... so I read it!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could be very interesting and helpful, Kcalpesh...personally, I'm overwhelmed at the moment, but I would certain read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be happy to be a part of this forum :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reckon it might be interesting and helpful:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Kcalpesh - Modern digital cameras, even basic point and shoot, can do almost everything. One of the problems is that most of the users simply don't know their cameras. You can teach someone some basic photography but it's difficult to help somebody with a strange camera which nobody knows...
    Anyway, as you see, the forum has started!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't really know anything about photography. I've been taking pictures for less than a year, and I've never taken a photo without auto settings. So I feel that I wouldn't have much to offer, but a great deal to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos