It is possible to harmonize modern building and nature, it depends by zoning plans, permits and architectural prowess. Nature is not sacred, to survive it needs only respect and good planning. Better city parks than far away natural oasis.
About your query on my Photos from Kas Plateau blog post, I've given driving directions in my main post on Kas Plateau as you noted. There's not much information about this place on the internet. Not many people know about it. If you need help in getting there, let me know. I will guide you on emails. If anyone is damn interested in arranging a guided tour there, as you might know, I do conduct tours in and around Pune.
It is still a beautiful scene. Some buildings look better than others when shown with natural surroundings. I think you got that part right and the photo looks good to me.
Well, you would know how it looked before the building...and I'm sure you're right; it did look better before...
I think we've got the same problem all over the world - paving over paradise to put up tacky buildings that will fall down in 20 years, and screw up the environment.
In Florida, we've paved over so much that when it rains the water has nowhere to go and the land floods.
But the politicians keep giving permits for more building!
I know exactly how you feel! There is a favorite place of mine that I think has been corrupted by the building of high rise hotels on the shoreline. (Cupecoy, St. Maarten)
Nice blend, is that a bridge I see in distance.
ReplyDeleteNow i'd like to see more of this in Mumbai....NATURE ummmm
ReplyDeletelet us be glad that the lake is not filled up and used for some more construction!
ReplyDeleteI too don't like natural scenes with artificial things, but are we not the contributors too? I'm guilty.
ReplyDeleteMy Eat-out at Sinhagad
It is possible to harmonize modern building and nature, it depends by zoning plans, permits and architectural prowess. Nature is not sacred, to survive it needs only respect and good planning. Better city parks than far away natural oasis.
ReplyDeleteHey Kcalpesh,
ReplyDeleteAbout your query on my Photos from Kas Plateau blog post, I've given driving directions in my main post on Kas Plateau as you noted. There's not much information about this place on the internet. Not many people know about it. If you need help in getting there, let me know. I will guide you on emails. If anyone is damn interested in arranging a guided tour there, as you might know, I do conduct tours in and around Pune.
Perspective
It is still a beautiful scene. Some buildings look better than others when shown with natural surroundings. I think you got that part right and the photo looks good to me.
ReplyDeleteune ballade au bord de l'eau, les arbres font un beau cadre
ReplyDeleteWell, you would know how it looked before the building...and I'm sure you're right; it did look better before...
ReplyDeleteI think we've got the same problem all over the world - paving over paradise to put up tacky buildings that will fall down in 20 years, and screw up the environment.
In Florida, we've paved over so much that when it rains the water has nowhere to go and the land floods.
But the politicians keep giving permits for more building!
Stupid!
I like your picture! You've done a great job capturing it!
ReplyDeletelooks peaceful, even with the building back there...:))
ReplyDeleteEven with the buildings it looks lovely:)
ReplyDeleteNice lake and framing!
ReplyDeleteLovely that the city has this beautiful lake...fabulous way to hide an ugly building.
ReplyDeleteYour work is wonderful.
I don't mind the building. It contrasts nicely with the green leaves, making them even more beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI still think it looks like a lovely place.
ReplyDeleteNice photo and nice place with greenery. Good composition with overhanging branches.
ReplyDeleteanother lovely shot! me and my blogs are following you now..feel free to follow any of my blogs! thanks!
ReplyDeleteTravel the World
Health and Nutrition
Nature and Garden
Very beautiful shot! Thanks for being a follower of my blog!
ReplyDeleteI like all of your pictures and your style. Thanks for the visit.
ReplyDeleteNice!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel! There is a favorite place of mine that I think has been corrupted by the building of high rise hotels on the shoreline. (Cupecoy, St. Maarten)
ReplyDeleteA really nice atmosphere to this photo!
ReplyDelete