The Road Roller

Rains, Myst, Clouds and the Greenery. It was all so amazing at Matheran during our last visit. While walking from Matheran entrance to our hotel, we saw this road roller put to rest. It was very surprising as one; no vehicles are allowed inside and two; The roads are such that it would impossible to get this heavy duty vehicle inside. But hey, we are all so busy enjoying the walk in the rains so it really didn't matter. The photograph was shot using our Canon A710 IS Digital Camera.

28  comments :

  1. A very interesting photograph. This road roller looks very old. Perhaps it is a vintage piece of equipment people are supposed to just look at?

    Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture as always. Glad they have equipment like that -- I know we need it with many of our roads. Hope you rested well, have a great day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photo!Your photos are always very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow sure does stand out in this photo! Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the misty background is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see like this kind of equipment back in my native country. And I love the color too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the misty loveliness of the trees behind the roller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun photo, like the yellow across that dark background

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry but I don´t find your Sky watch entry :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot. It is composed very well and I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful SkyWatch posting!
    thank you for sharing this beautiful photo work


    Happy SWF! Have a good weekend,

    Regards, Bram

    My SkyWatch on WordPress

    Seen on Sky Watch Friday, Season 4, Episode 14

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! What a great antique roller! I love the bright yellow ~ it's like a centerpiece of the road!
    ~have a wonderful weekend~
    *Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting shot, definitely worth a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The misty back ground is awesome. I love the contrast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful old road roller, it has seen lots of work over the years.
    Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the contrast. A bright yellow road roller against an ethereal background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was it used in the Commonwealth Games construction?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kcalpesh! Nice to hear from you and thank you for all the wonderful comments! It looks like things are going well and I love your blog. My time is very limited but I'm going to enjoy being part of your group!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an interesting find and i like the title too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The mist is “out of this world!” It looks as if you are entering another world behind it and the trees. The yellow road roller is so interesting...small, quaint, colorful. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice fogy background and the yellow really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an interesting photo. I love the contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely photos. roadroller one is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love colors on a colourless background! Even better when it occurs naturally, without processing. Great picture, I could see it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos