Sunset and the Still Life

This is one of my favorite photos. Captured at a restaurant near Chennai Airport while we were returning from Andaman and Nicobar Islands. We really had a lot of time to kill. To be precise, at least 5 hours before boarding our next flight to Mumbai. Well, a little before the sunset the view outside the hotel was amazing. A lady at the table near us was served her drink but she seemed a little too busy writing something down in a diary. And there you can see the glass filled with the drink lying idle and trying to match with the color of the sunset. If you're wondering that you've seen this picture before, then yes, I have posted this one again. Earlier I feel I had raised the contrast bar a little too much. This was shot with our Canon A710 IS digital camera. I really like this picture a lot. Hope you'll like it too. The most amazing thing about Photography is that you can capture and save the moments you really love.

30  comments :

  1. Very nice shot indeed, I love the lighting and the color of the drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors, very evocative photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful capture, lovely colors, perfect lighting and, yes, very romantic! Enjoy your weekend, Kcalpesh!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a lot of time to enjoy some sunset and chardonnay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful photo indeed! I understand why you like it so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mysterious and romantic deep colour tones! Love the atmosphere in this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why this is one of your favorites...it would be one of mine, too! Good enough to frame and hang, Kcalpesh!

    We're back from a trip to Colorado...took a few photos. :-)

    You can visit our new Colorado blog here:

    http://coloradoincolor.blogspot.com/

    Don't feel as though you need to comment. We just want to share our pictures of this beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the composition and the color. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very solemn moment...

    Thanks for visiting my SkyWatchFriday

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful .... for for me its loneliness ... sunset... one drink ... diary, a friend to share thoughts... nice capture ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a classic airport photo. A moment of life, suspended between two flights. And the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicate capture - I like the shining red wine in the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A romantic and sweet moment. Great photography you have here also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marvelous picture, great atmosphere !

    Erwin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. no wonder this is one of your favorites, its picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely photo...it just "feels" like such a comfortable place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! It's everyday life turned into art!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos