As you saw in one of my earlier posts, Mumbai skies will show you a lot of wires hanging here and there between buildings and houses. A few days back when I stood near one of our windows I noticed this wire hanging some where at the height of the first floor. If I'm correct that's a cable TV wire and I wonder if the open joint on the wire would survive for a long time. I think the blurred reflection of the sky on the front glass of the car looked good too.
Just then on the left side of the window I noticed a Pigeon quietly seated and watching the two little sparrows having a fun time. Wonder whether the Pigeon was feeling lonely. It just stayed there for hours.
So far it had just been any other wire visible from there but that day, I saw this pair of Sparrows hanging around, chirping and flying around the wire. I said to myself, "life has been so busy that I kept ignoring the chances for some good bird photography all these days :-D". I quickly got my Canon A710 IS camera and captured a few good photos of Mr. & Mrs. Sparrow :-)
Looked like they were a couple happily living somewhere close by ;)Just then on the left side of the window I noticed a Pigeon quietly seated and watching the two little sparrows having a fun time. Wonder whether the Pigeon was feeling lonely. It just stayed there for hours.




Nice little bird couple, very fluffy and looking interested!
ReplyDeletePretty blue skies above them!
Thanks for sharing!
I love the Pigeon photograph.
ReplyDeleteFocus - The correct word.
India is a curious place
So beautiful all of them!! Great shots.
ReplyDeleteWish you a nice weekend:-)
Give them a wire and they will sit on it. I hope that cable wire holds. It doesn't look too promising. Valerie
ReplyDeleteI agree that the wire doesn't looked like it was finished correctly...??? But, apparently it is working okay. The birds on the wires are beautiful. Nice close ups of them!
ReplyDeleteNice photos, I like especially the third one - it's fantastic!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of the birds, they're adorable :o)
ReplyDeleteNice shots of the birds!
ReplyDeletewonderfully captured!
ReplyDeleteBird behavior on show.
ReplyDeleteFun shots. I am surprised that a company would leave their wires exposed like that. I love that last shot of the pigeon.
ReplyDeletesend me the birds to me, dear
ReplyDeletei would like to have one like these
have a nice day and congrats
iam trying since yesterday to commetn here...
ReplyDeletehttp://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/05/simply-myself/
Hmmm, you are right, that wire looks like its gonna fry any minute! Cool photo :)
ReplyDeleteVery special photos of house sparrows...especially because they will soon be extinct...lack of sparrow friendly houses the main reason.
ReplyDeleteNice shots. Sparrows have become a rare bird now.
ReplyDeleteThat is a neat picture of the car with the sky reflected in it. However, I love the bids.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pigeon! :)
ReplyDeletelovely set of photographs - love hte selective colouring
ReplyDeleteI like seeing "wildlife" in a big city! Both of these bird species are survivors aren't they? You got some great pictures.
ReplyDeletegreat... i loved last weeks too, but for some reason it wouldn't let me comment!
ReplyDeleteInteresting compositions. I really like the pigeon.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Bird Shots!! And I like the creative use of the Blurred sky in the first one! Fun Post!
ReplyDeleteLove the shot of the pigeon!
ReplyDeleteHeisann!
ReplyDeleteFind your photos fascinating!
Pigeons and doves can be so contemplative, sitting for hours - but only the slightest sound will startle them.
ReplyDeleteInteresting post. The black and white effect on the background ass drama and more emphasis on the birds.
ReplyDeleteInteresting post. The black and white effect on the background ass drama and more emphasis on the birds.
ReplyDeleteLove the way you tell a story with your pictures! Good stuff :D
ReplyDeleteGlad you noticed these chaps, the Song Sparrows are so cute and the lonely Pigeon, hope it finds some company soon too, what a handsome Pigeon it was too~
ReplyDeleteGood Shots!!!
ReplyDeleteIn search of Sanjeevani herb to Konganar Cave
The White Dress to Work
I remember the many wires in Mumbai. Good captures of birds on a wire. very interesting. I am glad you enjoyed the photos on my site from the Phoenician resort this week i am featuring all macro photos.
ReplyDeletelovely birds!
ReplyDeleteOh...I have written here and dont see the comment
ReplyDeleteHow are u?I hope so u are ok
Great shot
Have a nice week
graceolsson.com/blog
You have a great eye for detail to notice the wires tied together like that.
ReplyDeleteI'm not feeling sorry for your lonely pigeon - they eat my vegetables in the winter!
Great:)
ReplyDeleteKC: Neat captures of the sparrows and the pigeon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun series of photos! A little bit of nature in the big city! :)
ReplyDeleteFabulous shots of bird on wire and sky in windshield.
ReplyDeleteCool shots.
ReplyDelete