Dead wood at Chowk Point: Matheran

On our last trip to Matheran, we saw this dead tree at the Chowk Point. The sky looked amazing with the white clouds on blue. The photograph was shot using a Canon A710 IS digital camera. This weeks contribution to SKYWATCH Friday.

64  comments :

  1. Gorgeous capture as always! Love the blue sky and the clouds and the dead tree is like an exclamation point. Have a lovely evening and a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture, K... You do take amazing pictures!!!! That old tree looks like a paradise for some of the birds --like the woodpeckers!!!!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully composed image. And your sky is happy kind of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice capture love the angles . Don

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really incredible. Trees are so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the warm light on the wood and the sky looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej, how are u?
    I like that kind of photo cause we can ask to ourself WHAT CAN I SEE IF I TAKE THE TREE?WHAT DID THE PHOTOGRAPHER SEE?
    Very nice sbhot
    Congrats and have a nice weekend, dear
    graceolsson.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot. I find dead wood to be very beautiful in general and this is perfect against the lovely sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a striking shot! I love the angle and the soft wispy clouds in the sky almost give it a mysterious feel to it. Very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I called over from Matty's site to take a look at your photos, and I noticed that you also write poetry too!
    How strange because my two blogs are just the same! Lately, I have been taking photos of my local town, and it is very small and very different from yours as I live in England, but I love your photos!
    Please take a look at mine and tell me what you think! It would be nice to compare our environments!

    http://thewondersofalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how people can take a dead or bare tree, and turn it into a picture worth looking at. I always enjoy seeing blue sky and soft white clouds in the background. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! The sky is the perfect backdrop for this log!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this photo - is so simple and beautiful!
    happy weekend to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice shot buddy, sky is indeed amazing....

    about the "Sunset" shot, I use the senset mode in my camera most of the time it helps to bring out the warm colors of the sky... some times i shoot in RAW and process in PS... Post processing includes adding an S curve adds a bit of depth and brings out the colors especialy in sunsent/sunrise shots and play around a bit with levels and on site i.e while shooting i always reduce a EV a bit that's why you see silhoutes in most of my photo's which again brings out the warm colors of the sky... this is what i do, would appreciate if you share more tips that you know of

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shot, nice angle and a beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exquisite shot. It's got great colors, perspective, and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic composition. Lovely blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW... looks like a PAINTING! Great job!

    Keep the FUNNIES in your weekends!

    hugs
    shakira
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting and beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your angle and composition, the clarity make the dead tree look alive!

    Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like a finger pointing to the magnificent sky

    ReplyDelete
  22. ..WONDERFUL SKY....The dry wood makes an artful
    contrast...!
    FANTASTIC!
    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful picture and a nice angle. Really like it:-)
    Wish you a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting diagonal perspective of the tall dead tree reaching to such a sky alive with blue and white! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picture. Unique perspective. The sky is a nice contrast. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kcalpesh - I like this photo a lot...the contrast between the old tree and the blue sky is dramatic and it's nice and sharp!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful perspective. How observant of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dead wood is never really dead.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sometimes the simplest things make for great pictures. You really did a super job on this scene. I have a digital, but yours sounds like a better model. I may have to upgrade, as mine does not do this well. Of course, part of the problem could be me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great perspective shot!!! Really awesome! Love the wood and the cirrus sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very interesting photo!Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a super weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like your composition!!! Great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Like a sculpture pointing into the blue. Great SWF. T.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an interesting shot! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like this a lot. The diagonal composition and the texture of the sky, plus the contrast between tree and sky are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice sky behind that old branch.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Interessante foto. Bem visualisada.

    ReplyDelete
  38. sweet shot - i really like the up angle and the lighting is really pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kcalpesh...thanks for all the nice comments you leave on my blog...much appreciated. You have some very nice photos here on your blog...you obviously have a good eye...would be great fun to shoot together someday...I am taking a group of students to India early November...maybe we can meet.

    BTW, I am working on a tutorial of my workflow and how I process my images...I will be sure to let you know when I have it completed and on-line...

    Cheers,

    Scotty

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful contrast of natural elements...

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the feel of this - the rough wood against the creamy softness of the wispy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  42. gorgeous....love the photo effect! thanks for sharing....and thanks also for coming by on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very impressive and beautiful!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. excellent image. it would make a wonderful postcard or framed on a wall. I am glad you are enjoying the Biosphere photos. I am now showing views from the inside of the Biosphere. The architecture is quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
  45. very impressive ... unique composition.....

    thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  46. That's a gorgeous shot!
    Either like an accusing finger pointed towards heaven or a perch waiting for a paradise bird to land.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love that sky! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great photo....tought it was a totem pole from the thumbnail...hmmm, it is Mother Nature's totem pole!
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  49. On the miniature it looked like a bomb being dropped. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wonderful sky watching shot! You picked a terrific angle; it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a contrast...the blue and the brown!

    ReplyDelete
  52. very nice! looks as if the wood if floating across the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is awesome! Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  54. beautiful, good luck with your selling

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos