Ceremonial Art - 2

YOU CAN VIEW THE PREVIOUS CEREMONIAL ART PICTURE HERE!

29  comments :

  1. What work to have a hand like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's so detailed. It must take a long time to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @James: Traditionally Indian women get mehndi (henna) designs done on their hands for various occasions such as weddings, engagements....this one is bit detailed cause it was done for a wedding.....it's my wife's hand....i clicked this when we were out sightseeing on our honeymoon at Andaman Islands

    @Vogon Poet: It's done using henna so it's not permanent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautifu - so detailed! Truly work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and intricate. I'm also glad to know it's not permanent. Hope the wedding was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very beautiful. I am very interested in body art and this one is so intricate and decorative.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my place.;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful art and superbe blog...:o)
    my compliments...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting image.

    Greetings from creativity and imagination photos of Jose Ramon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful detail, both in the art work and captured perfectly in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this henna is so beautiful, I love all the your rituals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. henna art is quite intricate and beautiful. i had the privilege of having henna art on my arm and leg when i was in India. it stays on for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to apply that mehndi, but I can't :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful design , vert arty !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing hand! Great photo. About the stairs in Astoria, I just found out from a commenter that nobody stole the stairs - there was some mistake about the stairs, and the police report was issued but not retracted. So the official news is still that the stairs were stolen, but the people who work there say it isn't true!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exotic and strangely beautiful. Nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photo... And now we all can truly say.. that your wife has a hand in your awesome and beautful photography.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos have a dream like quality. I love them..

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice shot. When I was in Egypt in 2008 (with some friends), we were thinking of getting some henna done, but we ran out of time.

    I've bookmarked your site and will be back again!

    Shelley @ Shutterbug
    http://shelleyslens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wooo---that's a unique art form... Hope all of that is not permanent... ha ha...

    Beautiful picture though.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought this must be a bride's hand and wonderful to know it is your bride. So beautifully done - my goodness, she must have been so patient at the time.

    PS. I'm vegetarian too, in reply to your comment on Menton, for which thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful work. It reminds me that years ago when I went to visit my friends in Dubai, one of them had a sister who owned a hair salon and henna shop. She decorated my hands with henna. It took at least 3 hours or more and I had to wait for it to dry. It lasted about 3 months. I would wash my hands very carefully with mild soap. People in Atlanta did not know why my hands were decorated. I went to the big Market and an employee from Ethiopia asked me where I was from, when I told originally from Paris, she could not understand! I have some pictures but they are with my old camera, not digital.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos