That's an old church? Did the roots gobble it up? Love the photo. Don't see a church. And by the way, thank you very much for all your comments on our blogs. They are greatly appreciated!
As I've mentioned below the picture, the picture shows "REMAINS OF OLD CHURCH AT ROSS ISLAND". Ross Island was the administrative headquarters for Andaman and Nicobar Islands. There once used to be a church. Most of got destroyed during and earthquake. It was later also hit by the Tsunami... Now it's all lost under the tree. Not only the church, but the whole colony developed by the Britishers. I've added a link with more information about ROSS ISLAND :-)
Nice snap ! A certain amount of mystery, not a bad thing though because I love mystery... Imagine not being able to see the church means how long ago the church was actually built ... the mystery sort of spices up the photo... I liked it
where is the church!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's an old church? Did the roots gobble it up? Love the photo. Don't see a church. And by the way, thank you very much for all your comments on our blogs. They are greatly appreciated!
ReplyDelete@Jacob and Patricia:
ReplyDeleteAs I've mentioned below the picture, the picture shows "REMAINS OF OLD CHURCH AT ROSS ISLAND". Ross Island was the administrative headquarters for Andaman and Nicobar Islands. There once used to be a church. Most of got destroyed during and earthquake. It was later also hit by the Tsunami... Now it's all lost under the tree. Not only the church, but the whole colony developed by the Britishers. I've added a link with more information about ROSS ISLAND :-)
That is a sad state of affairs
ReplyDeleteGreat shot!
ReplyDeleteNice snap ! A certain amount of mystery, not a bad thing though because I love mystery... Imagine not being able to see the church means how long ago the church was actually built ... the mystery sort of spices up the photo... I liked it
ReplyDeleteMother Nature probably thought she should preserve this church incase of any future calamities!
ReplyDeleteNice pic!