Silence of the sea


You must have seen the photos from Andaman posted long time back on Pixellicious Photos. Here are some of them: Photos from Andaman. As I had mentioned, Elephant Beach was one of the places we visited as it was highly recommended for Snorkelling. And it did turn out to be true. Despite the fact that most of the corals got destroyed during the Tsunami (2004), it still looked awesome above and under the water. Swimming at the shore looked safe however, when I went in for snorkelling with a guide, we did go a little too far as I could see the spot where the sea level dropped dramatically. A spot where one side showed the corals lit up by the sunlight and the otherside fading into darkness. It looked dangerous as I am not a very good swimmer.

In the picture you can see the tree which we believed was uprooted during the tsunami.

25  comments :

  1. wow so beautiful it is and thanks for the information you shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is a very powerful image - root for various tales!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this uprooted tree is fantastic--makes a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a drama you experienced! The photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting on my skywatch entry!
    Wow, you captured the destructive energy of tsunami.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to be!
    Thanks for sharing this fhoto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tree looks dramatic and lonely like a dead creature longing for the sea! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing sight, beautifully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo, that looks like paradise from my snowy part of the world. It's scary to think of what that spot must have been like in the tsunami.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh very cool! looks like a pretty sweet beach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I like about this photo is primarily the muted colors...plus there is great interest in those uprooted branches and I think some kind of boat in the distance.

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im new to skywatch friday and pretty new to photography. nice to meet you.
    http://riacabral-photography.blogspot.com/2010/11/skywatch-friday-elephant-butte.html

    I love this photo. i could see it as a greeting card/postcard. will you send me a print of this pic? i'll pay you of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing photo
    nice friday
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/11/absolut-icebar-stockholmice-on-the-ice/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The memory of a tragedy becomes stunningly beautiful ...
    Magnificent shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful photo!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love old trees, love driftwood, and this is a wonderful image~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that kind of dead trees. So fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great photo, looks as though the tree has been there forever.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous and eternal.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos