Mumbai Morning Skywatch: Sunrise

Once again some early morning shots captured using my Samsung Corby Pro Mobile Phone Camera. I tried using the sunset mode and got some really nice colors. I didn' t really worry about the wires and tried to get them into the picture in a nice diagonal way.
 Here's another shot from another place called Sion with even more wires. The second picture was shot while traveling on a bus.

82  comments :

  1. Oh, the wires add so much to the photos! You couldn't have done a better job if you'd used a ruler. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some cases I think overhead lines can actually add something to a photo. Like these. Especially in the second one. The way the wires curve all the same way, but at intervals it's almost like they were drawn on. Great way to use what's in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful color in the sky and lovely with the dark in forground! Like it:-)
    Wish you a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, answering your question...no..wasnt HDR..I used filter and Speedlite Prokit that helps to catch the scene spreading the light in all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mojo, sometimes the wires do add something and, yes, the second shot is superb and partly because of the curving wires that do look as though they were drawn! Fabulous captures as always, Kcalpesh! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Love love love the lines and the colors! Terrific shots! I like it when people make power lines pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that second one too.

    The speeding train in your last post was great - the blur really catches the speed (as a Health and Safety inspector it makes me worry!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wires looks more dramatic, love it! Happy weekend!

    Another Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen so many wires in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very special pictures of the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aloha,

    and happy earth day, i love your morning in mumbai shots

    would you care to join me on a new challenge i have posted on my site

    come and join us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heisann!
    Exciting graphic lines and strong contrasts give a descriptive scene!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The wires make the compositions more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wires and the lines they create across the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the power line in combination with sky is pretty interesting subject. i always enjoyed seeing them together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like these, the lines add a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely KC -- those wires are actually intriguing -- I never would have thought about how interesting they could be if shot from a good angle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are beautiful shots and you handled the wires so well. They almost looked like thin ribbons across the sky in the second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done, we often think of lines as a distraction how fun to use them to add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes those wires irritate me when I'm trying to get a nice shot - and other times they add to the shot like here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are amazing shots, I love the wires in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful shots of dawn through wires.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the second one, with the lines, well composed! It is worth waking up early to get these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice sunrise colors! I often avoid wires, but many times they actually add to the photograph! These are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these! Beautiful lavender sky, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You've made electrical wires look somehow pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love the lines the electric wires form, they add so much visual interest to the composition.

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is now available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi there, love the morning dawn pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simply Beautiful!
    Just discovered your blogs, you have more than one i noticed~
    Greetings from California!
    I was in India a few years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Rajesh, we generally try to get rid of the wires. You did the opposite in an interesting way. I mean they belong in today's landscape and if we like them or not they are part of it. Anyway you did well, very contemporary pictures. Lovely sunrise. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The second photo is more dramatic. Fab shot

    ReplyDelete
  32. Interesting images ... great skies!

    ReplyDelete
  33. A mystical collection of photos! And amazingly those wires create quite an artistic dimension to the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  34. nice compositions ... and great colours too !

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wavy overhead wirees...... nice image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Specially the first one is great.
    I love the wonderful warm colors. The wires give thius pictures something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  37. How clever to take the overhead lines and turn them into a visual asset!

    ReplyDelete
  38. KC: That last photo does have a highway of wires through the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Usually I don't like power lines in photos, but these really add to it. Nice shots!!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  40. this is a beautiful, the 2 shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really liked the second one with the wires. I almost got dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. sometimes wires makes good patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. We have a tendancy to try to crop the wires out or not take the picture because of them. I love that you embraced it and made them work for you. Very interesting shots! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely skywatch photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Another remarkable view of the skies from your great country. I think the wires really add to it. Makes for a very nice accent. Thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful shot of the sunrise. The sky looks so dramatic with all those wires. I could never imaging so many wires in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful captures. Lots of wire but it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very beautiful sky photos. Love how the wires make a pattern in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your little camera phone takes pretty darn good pictures! I think all the wires add a lot of interest to both photos. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I like the wires making a kind of web in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the play of shadow and light :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful morning and composition.
    Luiz Ramos

    ReplyDelete
  53. But the wires do get on my nerves! They are everywhere in Thailand too. Guess I am too much of a pampered Singaporean, expecting the government to do a great job sorting these things out long before they start to build...

    ReplyDelete
  54. Nice compositions, lines can make for a "powerful" shot?.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great shot I would say... one question hovering in my mind. Why are the wires looking so curvy? is it the effect of some photo editing?

    ReplyDelete
  56. great shots to look at, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh, I like the lines in your photo, too! Sometimes they are in the way, but sometimes they just add a little something to the photo! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi! Your sunrise photographs are wonderful. I know what you mean about the benefits of a mobile phone camera... sometimes it's all I have, and the shots come better than expected or with a surprise effect! {I enjoyed your "moving train" photos!}

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog ~ Hoping your new week is a great one!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great use of the wires.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the composition of these...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wires looked great here...

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. @mohan The wires look curved because the photo was shot using a slow shutter mobile phone camera while I was on a bus which was moving at a considerable speed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  63. I agree with other comments...wires can sometimes add that special interest to a photo..they are not always a bad thing to have in front of you :-) I really like the colour of the sky in the 1st photo . The wires give the impression of a billowing ceiling in the 2nd photo..almost like the ceiling of a huge tent. Nicely captured!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  64. gorgeous.. i like the effects.. wires, sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Those are both really great shots! Here I am always trying to avoid the wires - maybe I'll use your clever idea and try to incorporate them, instead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Very nice colored sky!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Angels will have hard times trying to fly by the wires. :) Happy SWF!

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a perfect shot you got. Power lines are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  69. What a lovely way to use the wires, usually they jyst spoil the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Nice morning picture. Like the first photo more than the second. The second picture is also unique in its way.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love the second shot with all the wires.

    ReplyDelete
  72. You do well with your phone! So nice to hear from you again. Hope that all goes well. Your site is looking very professional!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your views about the photos