
My photography course was about to get over and we had our last outdoor photography practical session at this park called Chhota (Small) Kashmir. It’s a beautiful place with lots of flowers and greenery around. I noticed this flower (Hibiscus) beautifully red surrounded by green leaves. I photographed it from different angles and chose this one to post. My basic aim was to experiment with the macro function of my Canon A710 IS digital camera. The de-colorizing of the leaves in the background was a part of my experiments with different photo effects that can be done in Photoshop.
Very nice. I've always liked hibiscus. The flower really comes alive against the background.
ReplyDeleteWonderful one!
ReplyDeleteSuperb photography and wonderful post-processing :)
ReplyDeletePhotos from Kas Plateau
superbe traitement qui donne un coté poétique
ReplyDeleteI'm so ashamed that I can't recognize this wonderful flower. Stunning image!
ReplyDelete@Vogon Poet: Well nothing to be ashamed of, I didn't know the name of the flower when I shot it. Only when James in his comment mentioned the name, I realized it's hibiscus!
ReplyDelete@James: Thanks!
Simply beautiful!
ReplyDeletebrilliant work!
ReplyDeleteI love the red on the black and white background!
ReplyDeletebeautiful hibiscus and such great technique to enhance this photo. very well done. I am glad you liked my theme day photo. I used a long exposure of about five seconds at dusk and we were in the middle of nowhere so I got very lucky a car went by. I was surprised the shot turned out.
ReplyDeleteAn exquisite portrait of an exquisite flower.
ReplyDeleteVibrant colors to make it really pop. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo, as always. You really have a talent.
ReplyDeleteYour photographs are brilliant, Kcalpesh.I hope to see more of India through your lence in coming days...Thanks you very much for your kind comments on my painting "Kenzie".
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Simply Beautiful! My grandmother has raised hibiscus in her greenhouse many times. Always a pleasure to see.
ReplyDeletegreat macro shot, dear
ReplyDeletehave a nice day
graceolsson.com/blog
Hi, I did a floral entry too. Hibiscus are simply beautiful, mine is from the hibiscus family too...
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful color!
ReplyDeleteYes, simply beautiful. Nice editing.
ReplyDeleteExcellent shot--clever process. MB
ReplyDeleteVery cool.
ReplyDeleteThe startling red of the hibiscus against gray. Very nice.
ReplyDelete