This Cattle Egret, landed near our place, may be in search of food on the way to somewhere. Well, we were just taken by surprise because we'd seen all kinds of tiny birds around but egret so far has been the largest to have visited. Also, for the first time. We think that the poor bird may have landed just to take some rest or because it found some food around here.
All the time that it stayed here it just walked around the edge of the well picking up food as it found and also staying away from the humans!! If it saw somebody coming it would walk away to the other side of the wall, and stand as tall as it could and see if the person has gone or still there. Once it felt the area was secured, it would again start moving around the well.
Once it even caught me taking pictures from our window and gave me a long stare as if to say, "Dude, what u lookin at huh?" That really was a long stare in my direction. I feel it didn't like being spied upon :-D
Submitting this post to the Camera Critters



lovely takes!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great series of shots! He's a lovely bird and I really like the bubble on the last one!
ReplyDeletePretty photos of the egret. I think you've captured his personality.
ReplyDeleteAn amazing looking bird! I have never seen this bird before! Love the elegant stance in the first photo!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful catch.
ReplyDeleteHiya,
ReplyDeleteFunny-(=odd) bird and funny (=ha-ha)post.
Never seen an egret. Didn't they use the feathers for hats at one time? This one doesn't seem to have much of a plumage.
We saw these birds all the time in Florida - there are smaller species too. Love the photos.
ReplyDeleteExcellent photos. There aren't any birds like that where I live, although I do see hawks almost every day.
ReplyDeleteHe's very cute. The egrets around here are bigger and always seem to be in the water when they're not flying.
ReplyDeleteJust like models these days, thin and blond...
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your nice comment!
ReplyDeleteThis bird is very fine and cute..and we do not have it here in north. I like to take pics of bird by the way:-)
Have a wonderful week!
haven't seen this kind of bird before...great shot!
ReplyDeleteGreat Click.
ReplyDeletespeech bubble's a cool touch. Great shots!
ReplyDeletethough many a times i have put the word Egret in a crossword, this is the first time i am really seeing a picture of this beautiful bird. g8 capture.
ReplyDeleteps. thanks for dropping by my blog. looking forward for more.
Nice beach life for these dogs:-)
ReplyDeleteHave a happy week!